Unmanned aerial vehicles are coming home to a police department near you. Along with the dramatic overgrowth of SWAT team policing, we are remaking local police as the most poorly trained and least disciplined command of the US military, with all of the fancy necrotoys and none of the professionalism.
- minderbender on New(?) Theory: “Decadent” societies seem bad primarily because their documentary records are more thorough and honest
- S on Colorblindness in practice: the politics of California affirmative action
- Billy Joe Bob on Is the “withdrawal method” of birth control immoral? Questioning the action-inaction distinction as a way of differentiating among potential lives
- redherring on Read Recently: Thomas Metzinger, The Ego Tunnel
- Micheal on Nearly perfect headline: “At the Pentagon, Gates Seen as Liberator”