Contrary to spec, the left USB port on the (early-gen?) Macbook Pro notebooks is unpowered, or under-powered. Many devices will only work in the right port (I have an external HDD which emits a “low power” beepcode in the left port). If plugged into the left port, portable devices may claim they are charging but actually deplete the battery. Annoying, durf durf.
- football teams on My computer this morning
- masotti0145 on Read Recently: Thomas Metzinger, The Ego Tunnel
- minderbender on New(?) Theory: “Decadent” societies seem bad primarily because their documentary records are more thorough and honest
- S on Colorblindness in practice: the politics of California affirmative action
- Billy Joe Bob on Is the “withdrawal method” of birth control immoral? Questioning the action-inaction distinction as a way of differentiating among potential lives